Sunday, November 4, 2007

40th Anniversary



I didn't schedule an official session this weekend because it was my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. My sister and I planned a small surprise party for them on Saturday night. If you know my parents at all, you'll understand what a challenge this was...they know everyone. We never thought we'd be able to keep it a secret from them, but we did (and boy were they surprised). The party was held in the small, private dining room at the Firehouse restaurant in Viroqua. As my mom rounded the corner to the room, she saw her brother (all the way from northern Minnesota) and she freaked a tiny bit. Then she saw everyone else and freaked a little more and didn't settle down the rest of the night. My dad was just happy that he bought a new shirt for the event. :)



I have to admit that Max might have stole the show. Everyone was excited to see him, including his two great uncles and great aunt who got to meet him in person for the first time. Max only had eyes for his cousin Alex though.



Before the party I did a quick anniversary session with my parents. It's so nice to have a few pictures of them together. Usually my family is very camera shy.



Happy 40th, Mom and Dad!


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ahhh...how great. Happy anniversary Mr and Mrs E!