Friday, July 6, 2007

The Gs


Last Sunday I had two family sessions; my last ones scheduled until the baby is born. I'm trying to keep July free from commitments, because you never know! :)

I was able to borrow another lens from my co-worker for both of the sessions. He has both lenses that I'm considering purchasing. This time I borrowed the 24-70mm 2.8L USM. I LOVED this lens. I liked it even more than the other lens that I borrowed for the wedding. I saw a huge difference in the quality and I thought it was perfect for family sessions. I think I would use it for weddings too, outside of the ceremony.


Anyways, onto the first family! I work with mom and we've been trying to take pictures for quite awhile now, but with three kids 4 and under, they're a busy family. For this session, she wanted some family photos, but mainly one year photos of her youngest. The middle child wasn't too interested in having her picture taken, but, in the end, I think my two favorite pictures are the individual shots of her. I think one of the biggest lessons I have learned thus far is that most kids are ok with me taking their picture when their parents aren't looking or asking them to smile. :) I think I'll start talking with the parents about this fact at future family sessions.

See the rest of my favorites here.

No comments: